Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development & Facilitation Office (MSME-DFO) (formerly known as Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Institute), Patna, a field office of Development Commissioner (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) under the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) is the nodal office for the State of Bihar having another office located at Muzaffarpur. This Institute was established in 1957. Since this Institute is providing assistance for the promotion and development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises in the state of Bihar through implementing policy guideline of Ministry of MSME, Government of India. The main aim of this Institute is economic upgradation and employment generation through Industrial development. The Jurisdictional area of MSME-DFO, Patna consist of seventeen districts of Bihar namely Patna, Arwal, Aurangabad, Banka, Bhabhua (Kaimur), Bhagalpur, Bhojpur (Ara), Buxar, Gaya, Jamui, Jehanabad, Lakhisarai, Munger, Nalanda (Bihar Sharif), Nawada, Rohtas(Sasaram) and Shiekhpura.
The main services rendered by the MSME-DFO office are:
- Services and Schemes pertaining to MSME sector of Govt. of India
- Providing techno-economic and managerial consultancy, common facilities and extension services to MSMEs.
- Providing facilities for technology upgradation, modernisation, quality improvement and infrastructure.
- Developing Human Resources through training and skill upgradation.
- Advising the Government in policy formulation for the promotion and development of MSMEs.
- Providing economic information services.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the Central Ministries, State Governments, Financial Institutions and other Organisations concerned with development of MSMEs.
- Evolving and coordinating Policies and Programmes for development of MSMEs as ancillaries to large industries.